Going East Pt. 2

In Going East Pt. 1 we touched on the requirements of employers if they wished to work their drivers for extended hours in Eastern States. As we said, the employer needs to be a part of the National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme (NHVAS) and hold accreditation for whatever work and rest option they have chosen. Drivers need to use the National Driver Work Diary and record their work and rest times according to this option.

While it is not compulsory to use the Diary in WA, it is once you cross the border into South Australia. The diary entries start from the end of the last rest break of seven or more hours that you take before crossing the border of WA or NT and into NHVR regulated states. Don’t forget, you must count time according to the time zone of your base.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
5 years ago

Why is the country split in 2 on regulation?